Monday, June 2, 2008

Tree, Leaf, Wind and Love!


Part 1 Tree... People call me Tree...

I had dated girls when I was in the university. There was one girl I love a lot but never dared to go after. She didn't have a pretty face, a good figure or any outstanding charm. She was just a very ordinary girl. I liked her. I really liked her. I liked her innocence, her frankness, her intelligence and her fragility.

The reason I was not going after her was that I felt somebody so ordinary like her was not a good match for me. I was also afraid that after we got together all the feelings would vanish. I was also afraid of other people's gossip against her.

I felt that if she were my girl, she would be mine ultimately. I believed I didn't have to give up everything just for her.

She accompanied me for three years. She watched me chasing after other girls, and I had made her heart cried for those three years.

She was a good actor, and I was a demanding director. When I kissed my second girlfriend, she bumped into us. She was embarrassed but smiled and said, "Go on!" before running off. The next day, her eyes were swollen like a walnut.

My third girlfriend didn't like her. There was once when both of them quarreled. I knew that based on her character she was not the type that would start the quarrel. However, I sided with my girlfriend. I shouted at her and ignored her feelings and walked off with my girlfriend. The next day, she was laughing and joking with me just like nothing had happened. I knew she was really hurt but she did not know deep down inside I was hurt too.

When I broke up with my fourth girlfriend, I asked her out. Later that day, I told her I had something to tell her. I told her about my break up. Coincidentally, she had something to tell me too, about her getting together...

I knew who the person was. His pursuit for her had been the talk of the university. I did not show her my heartache, just smiles and gave her my best wishes. Once I reached home, I could not stand it anymore. Tears rolled and I broke down. How many times had I seen her cried for the man who did not acknowledge her presence and her love?

During graduation, I received her SMS. It said, "Leaf's departure is because of Wind's pursuit and because Tree didn't ask her to stay."

Part 2 Leaf... People call me Leaf...

During my three years in university, I was very close with a guy. However, when he had his first girlfriend, I learnt a feeling I never should have learnt - jealousy; sourness to the very extreme. They were only together for two months. When they broke up, I hid my happiness. But after a month, he got together with another girl.

I liked him and I knew he liked me. But why won't he pursue me? Since he loved me, why didn't he make the first move? Whenever he had a new girlfriend, my heart would hurt.

After some time, I began to suspect that this was a one-sided love affair. But if he didn't like me, why did he treat me so well? It's beyond what one would normally do for a friend. I knew what he liked and his habits. But his feelings towards me I could never figure out. You can't expect me, a girl, to ask him.

Despite that, I still wanted to be by his side. I cared for him, I accompanied him and I loved him, hoping that one day, he would come to love me. I waited for him. Sometimes, I wondered if I should continue waiting. This pain and this dilemma accompanied me for three years.

At the end of my third year, a junior pursued me. Everyday he pursued me. He was like the cool and gentle wind, trying to blow off a leaf from a tree. In the end, I realized that I wanted to give this Wind a small footing in my heart. I knew the wind would bring the leaf to a better land. Finally, Leaf left the Tree, but the Tree only smiled and didn't ask Leaf to stay.

"Leaf's departure is because of Wind's pursuit and because Tree didn't ask her to stay"

Part 3 Wind... People call me Wind...

I liked a girl called Leaf, but she was so dependent on Tree. So I had to be a gust wind; a wind that would blow her away.
Leaf's departure is because of Wind's pursuit and because Tree didn't ask her to stay
When I first met her, it was a month after I was transferred to the university. I saw a petite person looking at my seniors and me playing soccer. She would always be sitting there, be it alone or with her friends, just looking at him.

When he talks with the girls, there is always jealousy in her eyes. When he looked at her, there is always a smile in her eyes. Looking at her became my habit and my hobby. Just that she never look at me, she only look at him.

One day, she didn't appear. I felt something missing. I can't explain the feeling except it's a kind of uneasiness. The senior was not there as well.

I went to their lecture hall, hid outside and saw my senior scolding her. Tears were in her eyes while he left.

The next day, I saw her at her usual place, looking at him. I walked over and smiled to her. Took out a note and gave to her. She was surprised. She looked at me, smiled and accepts the note.

The next day, she appeared and passed me a note and left. It read, "Leaf's heart is too heavy and Wind couldn't blow her away."

"It's not that Leaf's heart is too heavy. It's because Leaf never want to leave the Tree." I replied her note with this statement and slowly she started to talk to me and accept my presents and phone calls. I knew that the person she loved was not me. But I had this perseverance that one day I would make her like me.

Within four months, I had declared my love for her no less than twenty times. Every time, she would divert away from the topic. But I never gave up. I decided that if I wanted her to be mine, I would definitely use all means to win her over. I couldn't remember how many times I had declared my love to her. Although I knew she would try to divert, but deep inside I still bore a small ray of hope.

Finally, over the phone, she said, "I'm nodding my head". "Ah?" I couldn't believe my ears.

"I'm nodding my head" She replied loudly. I hung up the phone, quickly changed and took a taxi and rushed to her place and pressed her doorbell.

The moment when she opened the door, I hugged her tightly.

"Leaf's departure is because of Wind pursuit and because Tree didn't ask her to stay. "

Moral lessons

In love, we rarely win. But when love is true, even if you lose, you still win because for a moment you have loved someone more than you love yourself.

There comes a time when we stop loving someone, not because that person has stopped loving us but because we have found out that they would be happier if we let them go.

There are things that we never want to let go. There are people that we never want to leave behind. But we must keep in mind that letting someone or something go isn't the end of the world. It's the beginning of a new life. Happiness lies for those who have cried, who have been hurt, and who have been searched and tried. Only those who have experienced love can appreciate the importance of the people who have touched our lives.

A great love? It's when you shed tears and still you care for them, it's when they ignore you and still you long for them. It's when they begin to love another and yet you smile and say, "I'm happy for you." If love fails, set yourself free, let your heart spread its wings and fly again.

Remember you may find love and lose it, but when love dies, you never have to die with it.

The strongest people are not those who always win but those who stand back up when they fall. Somehow, along the course of life, you learn about yourself and realize that there should never be regrets, only a lifelong appreciation of the choices you have made.

Love is not how you forget but how you forgive, not how you listen but how you understand, not what you see but how you feel, and not how you let go but how you hold on.

It's more dangerous to weep inwardly than outwardly. Outward tears can be wiped away while secret tears scar forever.

It's best to wait for the one you want than settle for one that's available. It's best to wait for the right one because life is too short to waste on just someone.

No comments:

Get Paid for Browsing the Internet with LogiPTC Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.