Some fell on stony places, where they did not have much earth; and they immediately sprang up because they had no depth of earth. (Matthew 13:5)
- This is The Parable of the Sower.
- The seed is sown. Some fall on stony ground, where there is not much earth. Immediately they spring up. Soon they die in the scorching sun.
- Many people are like that. They receive the gospel quickly. But the message doesn’t take root. When trouble comes, they fall away eventually.
- Many claim to be Christians. They show up for church, and participate in its activities. They are so real and true, sincere and earnest. But time proves them wrong; they are never a genuine believer in the first place. They don’t have any personal relationship with God. They know about God, but never want to submit themselves to Him as their LORD. It is a privilege to know God. But it is also our responsibility to believe in Him.
- Developing a deep root system through compacted soils will ensure our survival and well-being. Developing a personal relationship with God through faith will make us grow stronger and bear much fruit.
- Having a deep root system in God is truly the best thing in life.