Thursday, January 24, 2013

My Sister, My Bride


You are a garden locked up, my sister, my bride;
you are a spring enclosed, a sealed fountain.
- Song of Solomon 4:12 -

Observe the sweet titles the Son of God with intense affection addresses His bride the Church:

"My sister, my bride", one near to Him by ties of nature, partaker of the same sympathies.

"My sister, my bride", by His incarnation, which makes her bone of His bone and flesh of His flesh.

"My sister, my bride", one whom He knew of old, and over whom He watched from her earliest infancy.

The Lord Jesus Christ is not ashamed of us.

He dwells with manifest delight upon this twofold relationship.

His delights are with the sons of men, because they are His chosen ones.

He, the Shepherd, seeks the sheep, because they are His sheep.

He has gone about to seek and to save them who was lost.

The church is the exclusive portion of her Lord.

None else may claim a partnership, or pretend to share her love.

Let every believing soul drink solace from these wells.

The Lord Jesus Christ is near to us in ties of relationship.

The Lord Jesus Christ is dear to us in bonds of marriage union, and we are dear to Him.

"My sister, My bride".

No comments:

Get Paid for Browsing the Internet with LogiPTC Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.