Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Avoid Foolish Disputes


But avoid foolish disputes, genealogies, contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and useless. (Titus 3:9)

Our days are few. It is far better to spend in doing good, than in disputing over matters of minor importance.

Questions upon points wherein Scripture is silent; upon mysteries which belong to God alone; upon prophecies of doubtful interpretation; and upon modes of observing human ceremonials, are all foolish. It is wise to avoid them. We are not to ask or answer such foolish questions. We are to avoid them altogether.

There are, however, some questions we must not avoid, such as:

Do I believe in the Lord Jesus Christ?

Am I renewed in the spirit of my mind?

Am I walking after the Spirit?

Am I growing in grace?

Does my conversation adorn the doctrine of God my Savior?

Am I looking for the coming of the Lord?

What more can I do for Jesus?

Such enquiries demand our attention.

Let us be peace-makers.

Let us endeavor to lead others by our precept and example.

Let us avoid foolish disputes.



No comments:

Get Paid for Browsing the Internet with LogiPTC Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.