Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Why All These Trials?


Therefore I will not restrain my mouth; I will speak in the anguish of my spirit; I will complain in the bitterness of my soul. (Job 7:11)

  • The OT Job had the worst days ever.

  • He loved God. But he lost his animals, his servants, and his 10 children in one day! (Job 1:13-19).
  • Job mourned deeply. He asked “Why?” He cried out, “Have I sinned? What have I done to You . . . ? Why have You set me as Your target?” (7:20).
  • Job’s friends accused him of sinning and thought he deserved his difficulties. But God said of his friends: “You have not spoken of Me what is right, as My servant Job has” (42:7).
  • God did not give Job the reasons for his suffering. But He listened to him and did not fault him for his questions. God assured him of His control over everything, and Job trusted Him (42:1-6).
  • The Lord may not give us the reasons for our trials. But we can know for sure we are loved by Him (Rom. 8:35-39).
  • God knows our hearts with our pain and joy. He will never leave us nor forsake us, as His Word tells us. We pray that He may hold us close during our trials.
  • God’s love does not keep us from trials, but sees us through them.


No comments:

Get Paid for Browsing the Internet with LogiPTC Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.