Sunday, August 31, 2008

Mother Lies To Me Eight Times


The story began when I was a child.

I was born of a poor family. We often lack of food. When it is time for eating, mother often gave me her portion of rice. As she put her rice into my bowl, she would say, "Eat this rice, son. I'm not hungry" −− Mother's First Lie.

When I grew up, my persevering mother spent her spare time fishing in a river near our house. She hoped from the fishes she got, she could gave me some nutritious food for my growth.

After fishing, she would cook a fresh fish soup, which raised my appetite. While I was eating the soup, mother would sit beside me and eat the flesh from the bone. My heart was touched when I saw it. I then gave the other fish to her. But she would immediately refused and said, "Eat this fish, son. I don't really like fish." -- Mother's Second Lie.

When I was in Junior High School, to fund my study, mother went to the tailor to bring some clothing to sew at night. It gave her some money to cover our needs. During midnight, as I woke up from my sleep, I often saw my mother still awoke, supported by a little candlelight and continued sewing. I said, "Mother, go to sleep, it's late, tomorrow morning you still have to go for work." Mother smiled and said, "Go to sleep, dear. I'm not tired." -- Mother's Third Lie.
Happy Mother Day

At my final term exam, mother asked for leave from her work to accompany me. My mother waited for me under the heat of the sun for hours. When the bell finally rang, mother rushed to me and poured me a glass of tea that she had prepared. The very thick tea was not as thick as my mother's love, which was much thicker. Seeing my mother covering with perspiration, I immediately gave her my glass and asked her to drink too. Mother said, "Drink, my son. I'm not thirsty!" -- Mother's Fourth Lie.

After the death of my father because of illness, my poor mother had to play her role as a single parent. Holding on to her former job, she had to fund for our needs alone. Our family's life was more dificult; not a day without suffering. Seeing our family's condition getting worse, a nice uncle who lived nearby came to help us. Our other neighbors who lived near us often advised my mother to marry again. But mother didn't listen to them. She said, "I don't need a man." -- Mother's Fifth Lie.

After I had finished my study and got a job, it was time for my old mother to retire. But she didn't want to. she went to the marketplace every morning, just to sell some vegetable to meet her needs. I worked in the other city and I often sent her money. But she wouldn't accept my money. She even sent the money back to me. She said, "I have enough money." -- Mother's Sixth Lie.

I then continued my master degree in a famous University in America, funded by a company through a scholarship program. Then I worked for the company in America. With my high salary, I intended to take my mother to enjoy her life with me in America. But my loving mother didn't want to burden her son. She said to me, "I'm not used to life in America." -- Mother's Seventh Lie.

After entering her old age, mother became sick and had to be hospitalized. I rushed home to visit my dearest mother. She lied down in weakness on her bed after having an operation.

Mother, who looked so old, was staring at me in deep yearn. She tried to spread her smile on her face though it looked so stiff. It was clear enough to see how the disease broke my mother's body; she looked so weak and thin. I stared at her with tears flowing down my face. My heart was hurt, so hurt, to see my mother in that condition. But mother, with her strength, said: "Don't cry, my dear. I'm not in pain." -- Mother's Eight Lie.

After saying her eighth lie, my dearest mother closed her eyes forever.

I believe that you, my dear friends, feel touched by my life story and eager to say: "Thank you, Mom!"

How long haven't we visited our parents? How long haven't we spent our time chatting with them?

When we are crowded with activities, we always have thousands of excuses to leave our lonely parents. We always forget our parents who stay at home.

Have we ever worried about our parents? Worry about whether they have eaten or not? Worry about whether they are happy or not?

While we still have the chance to pay back their kindness, let us try -- not lie for another 8 times.

No comments:

Get Paid for Browsing the Internet with LogiPTC Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.