Wednesday, June 2, 2010

They've My Number


How do they get hold of my hand phone number? My colleague asked.

She was getting unsolicited text and picture messages on her mobile phone and she was frustrated. You could virtually hear her scream a distance away.

She couldn't delete the messages without opening it, and she suspected she was charged for the messages received!

Many people are like her, feeling very irritated when they receive obscene messages and pictures, clever sales tricks, scary and creepy chain messages…….. you name it.

Technology has indeed advanced throughout the years at an extraordinary pace. But privacy, morality and ethics have slowly been compromised and erased.

The world has advanced; some people are making money through all these tricks and traps. Innocent and ignorant people like us are victims. Without knowing it, after a few clicks here and there, we end up paying.

These people just know how to trick us and make easy money through us.

The relevant authorities have come out with various measures to curb the misuse of mobile phone, such as the need to register every hand phone. But these people just know how to register with fake ID.

I wonder how evil people have triumphed these days.

Of course, there are good Samaritans out there who always have good and loving messages for everyone. They always fill our lives with wonder.

Now back to the story.

How do they get hold of my hand phone number?

Maybe the lady needs to buy a new sim card and enjoy her short moment of rest.

I sigh and laugh.

2 comments:

Small Town Mommy said...

I can't stand spam texts. I don't get as many as I used to but I am very protective of my cell phone number.

jellybelly said...

I get many of these texts myself. I just delete them. It's too much of a bother to change my number not to mention having to pay for it. And I suspect these spammers will get hold of the new one anyway.

Get Paid for Browsing the Internet with LogiPTC Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.