Thursday, January 15, 2009

Mom Sometimes Grumbled


What would you do if your aging parents grumble?

I yearn for my mother's grumbles. God has taken her away when I miss her grumbles.

Every time when my mother paid me a visit, she would relate to me the latest happenings of all her others children. Sometimes she was full of joy and laughter because of some good tidings. Other times she grumbled a lot, speaking the same incidents over and over again. Often I felt irritated and only listened to her half-heartedly while doing my own works. There were times when I couldn't stand her anymore that I told her not to trouble herself so much about her children, just left them alone to manage their own lives. But I knew she just couldn't because her heart cried out for them everyday.

Now that she was gone, I began to understand why my mother grumbled at times. She was carrying the burdens of her children in her heart. She just couldn't bear to see them being tortured by their problems. She wanted to help them herself but she didn't know how. She felt helpless and so she grumbled.

Oh mom, I really miss your grumbles. They help me to behold the tender loving care of my good mother.

Mom, forgive me for not understanding how heavy your burdens are for all your children.

6 comments:

Twilight Zone said...

we only realize everything when we our selves becomes a parent.

MammaDawg said...

So true... - ditto to Twilight Zone.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for your loss. What you said about why your mother grumbled makes a lot of sense to me. My mother is the same, I should appreciate her more.

•°°• IcyBC •°°• said...

I'm sorry about your mom passing. She will remain in your heart by your beautiful memories of her..

Thank you for your visit to my blog!

Lilysgramma said...

Thank you for sharing this. My mother passed almost 2 years ago now, and as much as I hated her "grumblings" I miss her very much. You're right, I would give anything to hear her grumbing again. God Bless.

Tiffany Yeo said...

Thanks for sharing this... I miss grandma very much...

Get Paid for Browsing the Internet with LogiPTC Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.